Where to Learn More
- Center for Workplace Mental Health: Offers a range of tools to help employers create a more supportive workplace environment and advance mental health policies at their organizations, including the “Working Well Toolkit” and a list of employer resources.
- Mental Illness and Work: A web page from Mental Health America outlining eight strategies for supporting mental health at work.
- JAN’s Publications and Articles on Workplace Mental Health: The Job Accommodation Network’s list of publications, blog posts, articles and more on the topic of workplace supports for people with mental health impairments.
- Boston University Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation – Resources for Employers: Information and resources to help companies who are considering hiring individuals with psychiatric disabilities.
- Employers Can’t Afford to Ignore Mental Health: An archive of an EARN webinar featuring Clare Miller, Director of Partnership for Workplace Mental Health (now the Center for Workplace Mental Health), American Psychiatric Association Foundation.
- Accommodating Employees with Mental Health Disabilities in Higher Education: An archive of an EARN webinar hosted in partnership with the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC); although geared toward colleges and universities, the information presented applies to employers in all industries.